Today you’re getting lucky people, I’m giving you a 2fer. 2 deliciously gooey, straight to the hips, comfort food at its best grilled cheese recipes. I love cheese and I love bread. Put them together and add some butter - now you’re talkin’!
SWEET & SAVORY GRILLED CHEESE
via Hornytoad Grilled Cheese Contest
- Select your bread of choice, though fresh white bread is best.
- Spread Dijon mustard on one side of both pieces of bread, and butter on other side (pan down side)
- Cut apples into slices (slightly thicker than potato chips) and pile onto bread in pan
- Add slices of cheese of your choice, though Dubliner is delish
- Add bacon
- Pile on more cheese
- Final layer of apples
- Put on final slice of bread and grill away
- Perfect with pickles and chips on the side
Sorry, healthy food is no where to be found today. But to make up for it, I’ll give you two ass-fattener recipes that are super easy and will make you the life of the Super Bowl party!
Photos and recipes taken from Buns in My Oven!
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
Adapted from Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (substitute shredded mozzarella if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce (any hot sauce will do)
Mix together all ingredients until well combined. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Serve with crackers, chips, or sliced bread.
JALAPENO POPPER DIP
from Closet Cooking
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can pickled jalapenos
- 2 jalapeno peppers (diced, optional)
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Finely dice the jalapenos and add to a mixing bowl. Add in the cream cheese, mayo, cheddar cheese, and parmesan cheese. Mix well and spread into a small baking dish or oven safe bowl. Mix together the panko and parmesan and pour over the top of the dip. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Serve with chips and a big ol’ glass of milk to cool the burn.