For me, Fridays are pretty much all about drinking beer. Hey, I gotta be honest. The weekend officially starts on Fridays and ever since we put a keg in the backyard, I hear it calling my name at precisely beer:30 every Friday afternoon. And this is the perfect recipe of the three things I love most. Beer, bread and cheese. Done. And done.
BEER CHEESE BREAD
via Dine & Dish
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon baking powder (make sure it’s fresh!)
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill (or 2 teaspoons dried, optional either way)
1 cup finely grated sharp cheddar cheese
12 ounces beer
1 egg & 2 teaspoons water, beaten (optional glaze)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, dill, and cheddar in a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly stir in beer and mix just until combined. Batter will be thick.
- Spread in a greased 8-inch loaf pan , brush with egg glaze if desired, and bake until golden brown and a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool 10 more minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.