I love the sun. But the one thing that comes free with every sun-filled outing is chapped lips. Yuck. But it seems I’ve found a cure thanks to Gabrielle Reece in the June issue of Shape magazine.
The Lip Scrub is like a facial for your lips. Just apply it like you would a gloss, gently exfoliate with your fingers, and wipe it off. Your lips are left feeling and looking smooth and soft. The scrub comes in six flavors, including cocoa, peppermint, cinammon sugar, brown sugar, almond creme and vanilla bean. It’s a little pricier than your average tube of chapstick ($24) but if it leaves your lips soft, flake-free and more kissable – I’m in!
Check out the video for Ciara’s “Love Sex Magic” that she did in collaboration with Justin Timberlake. The music video is crazy sexy and was directed by Diane Martel, who was inspired by the Crazy Horse cabaret show in Las Vegas. She was a little more than inspired, I say. But regardless, the video is hot and steamy and almost makes me a little uncomfortable watching it. Kinda like you caught two people in the act!
via My Modern Met
There is no two ways about it – I simply MUST have this! A washable keyboard? Are you serious? It’s about freaking time! Especially since I “accidentally” spilled some water on my keyboard a couple of weeks ago then had to innocently shrug my shoulders and say “I dunno” when asked why there was liquid and food crumbs underneath all the keys. Oops. So you see – this is a necessity! A MUST have!
Basically what I’m trying to tell you here is that I eat at my desk and I’m a freaking slob. There. It’s out.
Completely waterproof, the Silverseal USB Keyboard works just like any other desktop keyboard. But thanks to an amazing waterproofing process known as Seal Shield™ it is spill proof and fully washable. It’s even – get this – dishwasher safe. At nearly $60 it’s a little more than I’d care to spend on such a standard household item, but for one as indestructable as this – FUCK YEAH!
In honor of April being National Grilled Cheese Month, I give you:
*recipe adapted from Ina Garten’s “Barefoot in Paris”
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup hot milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces Habanero Cheddar, grated (2 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 8 slices French bread
- Dijon mustard
- 4 ounces ham, sliced but not paper thin
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and then add the flour, stirring with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes. Slowly add the hot milk, bring up the heat to medium, and whisk constantly, until the sauce is thickened. Off the heat, add the salt, pepper, 1/2 cup grated Habanero Cheddar and the Parmesan; set aside.
- Place the slices on a baking sheet, and bake for 4 minutes. Turn each slice and bake for another 2 minutes, until toasted.
- Lightly brush half the toasted bread slices with mustard, add a slice of ham to each, and sprinkle with half the remaining Habanero Cheddar. Top with another piece of toasted bread. Slather the tops with the cheese sauce, sprinkle with the remaining Habanero Cheddar, and bake the sandwiches for 5 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the topping is bubbly and lightly browned. Serve hot.
via Ezra Pound Cake
Ever get a hankering for that certain something in a potato chip? That particular flavor that you can’t outrightly name and can’t quite find in one that’s already out there? Well now you can create your own! The Kettle Brand Create-a-Chip Kit contains everything you need – seven seasoning blends and four bags of unseasoned chips so you can experiment to your heart’s content. And once you’ve perfected your recipe, go online to the Kettle Chip Challenge and submit your mix and help inspire the next flavor of Kettle Chip.